The
Country I chose to analyze from the UN Comtrade Data is Mexico. I used http://www.sas.com/software/visual-analytics/demos/un-comtrade-basic.html
to view the data on the economy in Mexico. In analyzing the data, I can see
that the United States is Mexico’s biggest trade partner. The United States
Dollar has a high exchange rate against the peso, which is Mexico’s currency. The
exchange rate is for every one Mexican peso, you have one United States’
nickel. I love learning about Mexico as someday I hope to be able to do missions
work there with my church. Plus, I am a Spanish minor.
The
general trading patterns I see are that the United States is the top importer
and exporter for Mexico. China and Japan are a distant second and third place
for Mexico. The top export for Mexico is 85- Electrical, electronic equipment. 85-
Electrical, electronic equipment has a value of about $75,194,613,741. The
second most exported group is 27- Mineral fuels, oils, distillation products at
a value of $50,165,033,611. The third highest group for Mexico is 84- Nuclear
reactors, boilers, machinery, etc. It has a value of about $42,821,614,910.
The
top imports are 85- Electrical, electronic equipment, 84-Nuclear reactors,
boilers, machinery, etc., and 87-Vehicles other than railway, tramway. The 85-
Electrical, electronic equipment group has a value of about $967,704,604,473.
The 84-Nuclear reactors, boilers, machinery, etc. group has a value of about
$690,047,931,112. The 87-Vehicles other than railway, tramway group has a value
of about $377,212,597,681. Mexico’s value for imports is a lot higher than the
value for exports. It relies on other countries for the majority of their
larger products. In looking at the graphs of both imports and exports it looks
like Mexico’s economy has been on a steady increase since 2009.
One
good in particular that stands out for me is 87- Vehicles other than railway,
tramway. I was very surprised to see that Mexico produced that much product
that relates to this category. I would have never thought they were that
productive when it comes to vehicles. I just imagined most of the cars being
made in the eastern hemisphere. The biggest trade partner for the 87- Vehicles other
than railway, tramway category is once again the United States. Mexico imports
about $18,735,417,556. It exports about $61,890,239,685. Which has drastically
increased from 2009. In 2009, Mexico was only importing about $9,749,701,067
from the United States from this category. It was also only exporting
$27,279,892,957. I believe this increase can be explained by the recession we
faced in 2008 and 2009. The whole world was hit pretty hard by it. The
economies changed pretty drastically during this time.
UN Comtrade Demo, SAS
Visual Analytics. (n.d.). Retrieved December 13, 2015, from http://www.sas.com/software/visual-analytics/demos/un-comtrade-basic.html.
XE The World's Trusted Currency Authority. Retrieved
December 13, 2015, from http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=1&From=MXN&To=USD#converter.


No comments:
Post a Comment