I enjoyed reading Kate Higginson’s interpretation of the article she read
about the fiscal cliff. She displays a great knowledge of the issue and the
best way to go about getting the economy back on track. We have very similar
viewpoints on the topic of the fiscal cliff. I agree with her comment about
getting Obama to find some sort of budget agreement with the Republicans. I
feel that being bipartisan can find a happy medium instead of upsetting one
party more than the other. She makes a valid point to increase taxes, cut
spending and have a higher debt ceiling. She discusses consumer confidence, but
I do not think that it is one of the bigger issues we face with the fiscal
cliff. There are a lot of factors that can contribute to consumer confidence,
including things like high unemployment rate. In class we have been discussing
the unemployment rate, and if we take the fiscal cliff, we could slow down to a
healthier unemployment rate by 2014. The article that Kate read says that the
labor market is responding very slowly to the unemployment rate, which Kate
also talks about how we have been discussing in class that there is a great
deal of uncertainty with the unemployment rate. I agree with her opinion on
what responsibilities the Federal Reserve would have if we decide to take the
fiscal cliff. In order to eventually get things back to normal and level out,
bonds and securities would need to be purchased. Once again Kate wrote a great
response to her article and seems to take in interest in the fiscal cliff and
what could happen from it.
No comments:
Post a Comment