Friday, December 2, 2011

Critique-America's Jobless


I really enjoyed reading this
blog post because I think that it does a great job of explaining how bad the
job market is right now. The mining example does a great job of demonstrating
how desperate some people are for work in the United States. It also
demonstrates how even if somebody was willing to do such dangerous work, it is
very hard to get that job because of the employers uncertainty about the
current economy. Unemployment is so high in the United States because the
economy is very unstable right now and hiring new employees is very risky
during these times. It is crazy how people who are very qualified for jobs are
having a hard time finding them right now. It is crazy that veterans are having
a tough time finding jobs in the country that they risked their lives to fight
for. The only part about this blog post I would have possibly done a little
different is that I would use a different example that had to do with employers
in the United States. The example used is very interesting because it
demonstrates that it is really hard for an employer in another country to hire
workers from the U.S. because then they would be responsible for transporting
the workers to the country and also they would be responsible for setting them
up in the country. By the time the employees were finally ready to work, the
employer would have spent a lot of extra money that they would not have had to
spend if they hired workers from their own country. The example showed that it is really difficult
for Americans to get jobs in other labor markets in other countries but it did
not show the other sides of unemployment in our country. The post needed an
example that used employers from the United States so we could see why it is so
hard to find a job in our own country. The reason someone would leave to work
in another country is because of the problems here and I don’t think that point
was made. I enjoyed this blog post and I agree with every point that was made in
it about unemployment. However, using an example that shows why it is so hard
to find a job in the United States right now would have made it easier for
somebody to understand what a big problem we really do have in this country in
regards to unemployment.

No comments:

Post a Comment